This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A slow cooked, flavorful, meaty bolognese sauce made in the crock-pot! This sauce is the perfect balance of salty, creamy, rich and delicious. It will be love at first bite.
I don’t have a lot of time today because, well, LIFE.
Kids, work, deadlines, errands, dirty house, laundry, exhaustion, etc. etc…..ya know. Just same old same old in the life of single parent Lauren’s Latest.
I told my husband over the phone very positively that “he only had 74 days left! WAHOO!”
And he was like “WHAT? 74 days still?” As in….that sucks.
I’m not sure at what point we switched to me being the positive one and him being the negative one, but I’m thoroughly enjoying this happy-go-lucky Lauren.
Why yes, I think my sink full of dishes is FANTASTIC.
My son spreading yogurt all over the oven door is ADORABLE.
My sassy 6 year old who refuses to put her laundry away is PERFECT.
Like, I literally think like that now.
Who am I and what have I become? THE HORROR.
Just kidding, Mom.
Anyways, we’re almost to the end of the month so I thought I’d share a few more slow cooker recipes with you before March is here. So so excited for spring!!
If you like pasta, then this is the sauce you need to make pronto. It’s so creamy, salty, meaty and delicious. And because you cook it in the crockpot, the flavors just keep getting better 🙂
This recipe starts on the stove because that’s where the flavor start coming together, but beyond that the majority of the cook time is spent in your lovely slow cooker. It’s super convenient because it means less babysitting the sauce and even steven temperatures for the whole 4 hours this sauce cooks.
If you’re looking for a new way to kick up your bolognese sauce, this is the recipe for you! Enjoy, friends!
Crock-Pot Bolognese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup carrot finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.25 lbs ground sirloin in the lowest fat ratio
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 42 ounces plain marinara sauce 1 1/2 jars
- 14.5 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes* 1 can
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves not ground thyme!
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat crockpot to high.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and carrot 5 minutes or until they start to get tender and get a little color. Add in meat, salt & pepper.
- As the meat cooks, break apart into smaller pieces. Deglaze pan with red wine and cook down 5 minutes. Transfer meat mixture to crock pot. Add in remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook 4 hours on high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta.
Follow laurens_latest on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from this blog! Use the hashtag #laurenslatest! I want to see what you’re making