This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Crockpot Butter Chicken
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In the bottom of a cold crockpot, stir tomatoes together with sugar, garam masala, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2-2 1/2 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
- Sauce will be a little watery because of the chicken. This is normal. Add butter and stir to melt into sauce. In a separate bowl, whisk evaporated milk with flour until smooth. Pour milk mixture into crockpot and stir. After 10 minutes, sauce should have thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, sugar). Divide into four equal portions, top with cilantro and serve with naan or rice.