This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 24 oz fresh sliced mushrooms I used baby bellas and shiitakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine I used cooking wine since the carbs were so low
- 6 cups chicken broth or mushroom broth if you can find it
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free half & half
- 1 cup nonfat milk I used Fairlife milk that is higher in protein
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add in onion, garlic, celery, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally to sweat veggies.
- Sprinkle over flour and stir to coat veggies and cook out that raw flour taste. Add in wine and stir to thicken and evaporate the alcohol. Add in chicken broth and stir. Simmer soup 20 minutes or until all veggies and mushrooms are tender. Feel free to blend.
- Stir in half & half and milk. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve.