This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Swiss Mushroom Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound low fat ground beef I used 93/7
- 1/2 cup sweet onion finely diced
- 4 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beef bouillon I used Campbells
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 slices sliced baby swiss cheese I used Sargento
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- dried parsley
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add in onion, mushrooms, ground beef, salt and pepper. Break meat apart as it browns and onions soften. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Once the veggies are tender and the meat is fully cooked, sprinkle in flour and stir to cook. Add in beef bouillon and simmer until a thick sauce forms. Add in Worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard.
- Divide meat into four portions in the pan and cover each with a slice of swiss cheese. Remove from heat and cover to melt cheese.
- While cheese is melting, toast bread in toaster. (My bread slices were larger then the slots, so I toasted one end and then the other.) Rub warm toast with garlic, then top each toast with one portion of meat with the melted cheese. Top with parsley flakes and serve.