This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Taco Soup
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef 96/4
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrots peeled and chopped, about 3 small
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 ear sweet corn kernels cut off
- 6 cups beef broth
- 14.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes I used 1 can of Hunt's
- 1 packet taco seasoning 1/4 cup
- 15 oz black beans drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- any desired toppings: grated cheese, avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, cilantro, tortilla chips etc..
- Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add in ground beef and break apart as it browns. Add in onion, carrots, bell peppers and corn. Saute until onions are mostly tender and ground beef is completely cooked, 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning, black beans, salt and pepper. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Divide between 8 bowls and serve with any desired toppings.