Oh, and, you lucky people you, I took step by step photos of this recipe, for your convenience and because I love you! Wasn’t that nice of me!
Thai Peanut Noodles
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup Gourmet Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- chopped peanuts for garnish
for the vegetables I used:
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 3 scallions, sliced on the diagonal, (because you can and its fancy!)
- but you can add in any of the following depending on preference:
- bell peppers
- bean sprouts
- bamboo shoot
- snapa cabbage
- fresh garlic
- fresh ginger
- even more cilantro
- hot chili flakes (its a spice….so not a vegetable, but it would still be good)
Now, for the Directions:
- Measure out some Gourmet Sauce (or if you can’t find this, use teriyaki sauce)
and some peanut butter
So it looks like this….doesn’t look all too impressive yet
cut open your lime
and squeeze all the juice in!
In the meantime, cook up 3/4 pound of spaghetti
Stir up your sauce so its all uniform in color. (I had to microwave it for 20 seconds or so to melt the peanut butter into the sauce)
Cut up all the veggies you want. I used red and green bell peppers, carrots, scallions and lots cilantro (cause my husband loves the stuff)
Drain your pasta at al dente and run cold water over them to stop cooking and make them cold. Typically, this dish is served cold, but is equally good warm!
Dump your pasta into the sauce and toss all together with the veggies.
Serve with chopped peanuts. That wasn’t so hard, was it?
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @laurens_latest on Instagram and hashtag it #laurenslatest.