This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
For the Biscuits:
- 2 cups bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk I used fairlife milk
For the Pot Pie Filling/Topping:
Make the Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir bisquick mix with nonfat milk until thick batter forms. Dollop onto prepared baking sheet into 6 equal biscuits. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Make the Pot Pie Filling/Topping:
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Saute chicken, onion, carrot, celery, salt and pepper until chicken has fully cooked and veggies are mostly tender, about 10 minutes. If veggies and chicken are getting too dark before getting tender, reduce heat.
- Sprinkle over flour and stir to coat veggies and chicken. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, tarragon, poultry seasoning and more salt and pepper. Bring to boil and thicken, then reduce heat to low. Taste and adjust seasonings. (Mine needed lots of salt, so keep that in mind.) Stir in heavy cream before serving.
- Slice each biscuit in half and top with 1/6th of the pot pie filling. Serve hot.