This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Happy Belated 4th of July everyone 🙂 I’m in Cali with my little family for a big ol’ family reunion. I seriously forgot how many people were in Gord’s family. And this is only his Dad’s side! Yowza. I have two aunts TOTAL. My husband has approximately 97,000. And the funny part is me talking to them all whilst trying to remember their names. I come off looking really ridiculous. But I’m 42% sure I walk around with a confused look on my face all the time anyways, so no big whoop.
*Pretty sure they all think I’m nuts.
If you have the time, fry the chicken yourself. If not, just pick some up from the store, pick it off the bone and shove it into a sandwich with this really yummy slaw. You will luuuurrrve it. Promise 🙂
Cold Fried Chicken Sandwich with Jicama Blue Cheese Slaw
- 1 recipe my crispy chicken from this recipe**
- 4 soft hamburger buns
- Open each hamburger bun and place lettuce and chicken on the bottom half.
- For the slaw, combine the jicama, carrot, onion and cilantro together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper together until mostly smooth. Stir in blue cheese. Pour dressing over jicama mixture and toss.
- Top each piece of chicken with the slaw, adding more blue cheese to the tops of each sandwich if desired. Add the top bun and serve.
- **This recipe is for chicken strips essentially. To make fried chicken meant for sandwiches, slice large boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half to create two thin pieces OR pound out the meat and slice into two pieces. Chicken should be 3/4 inch thick approximately. Dredge and fry according to those directions. Feel free to purchase already prepared fried chicken, remove the bones and use the breaded meat as the recipe states.