This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Well, TGIF! It has been a busy week for me so I’m excited to slow down and relax. I love a good weekend filled with family, fun and awesome food!
Well folks, this recipe will not disappoint. Cookies ‘n Cream Cupcakes are my new favorite treat! I’ve been developing a good vanilla cupcake recipe for some time now and finally I’ve got it down…with lots of Oreo cookies added in no less!
These look really fancy but are a cinch to make. This frosting is pretty much amazing too. I definitely ate it with a spoon! All you need are some basic ingredients like butter, sugar, eggs, self rising flour and Oreos- things I always have on hand. Then you make your batter and bake! Cool your cupcakes and then top them with the cookies ‘n cream frosting. Voilà! Perfect cupcakes you will swoon over!
Hope you all can indulge this weekend! Happy friday! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In large stand mixer whip butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and eggs 1 at a time until combined. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Slowly stir in flours and milk, alternating back and forth until all ingredients are added to the bowl. Scrape sides and mix again briefly. Fold in chopped Oreo pieces by hand.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins so they are 2/3 full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (it's really important to not over bake these so they stay moist. Watch them carefully!) once baked, remove them from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the frosting, whip butter and vanilla together in a large bowl. Stir in powdered sugar and then the milk. Scrape sides and whip 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Fold in ground Oreos. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with mini Oreo.
- *If you plan to pipe the frosting onto your cupcakes like I did, I would recommend doubling the frosting recipe and making sure the Oreo cookies were ground really well so you don't clog your piping bag.