This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Enchilada Skillet
- 1 pound ground turkey I used 99% fat free
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water give or take a few tablespoons
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 4 oz mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn or just use frozen
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 10 oz mild red enchilada sauce I used La Victoria
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese divided
- 8 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add ground turkey and break apart while it cooks. After turkey is fully cooked, add in taco seasoning, water, carrot, green chiles, corn, black beans and enchilada sauce. Simmer 5 minutes to evaporate the water.
- Fold in half the cheddar cheese and the pieces of tortillas. The tortillas should soak up any extra liquid in the pan. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and cover 30 second to 1 minute to melt. Top with chopped cilantro, divide into four even portions and serve with any extra toppings you'd like (salsa, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, onion, etc..)