This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Red Coconut Curry
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups fresh vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, diced carrot, green beans, snow peas, bell peppers, etc..
- 13 oz. light coconut milk 1 can
- 3 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons truvia
- chicken broth as needed
- 16 oz shredded rotisserie chicken (white meat)
- any desired toppings such as peanuts, cilantro, lime juice, thai basil, etc..
- Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Saute onion until mostly tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and vegetables and cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, vinegar and truvia. See if it's as saucy as you'd like. If you'd like more 'broth', add in chicken broth as needed. (I added in about 1 cup.)
- Gently simmer vegetables for about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in shredded chicken and cook another 5 minutes until fully warmed through. Divide between four bowls (with or without rice). Top with any desired toppings and serve hot.