This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Grilled Beef & Asparagus Roll-Ups
- In a shallow dish, stir soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cold water, garlic and baking soda. Dip each piece of meat into the marinade to ensure both sides are covered and then place into large ziploc bag. Once all the meat is in the bag, pour remaining marinade overtop. (It's really important to make sure the meat gets covered completely because the marinade also works as a meat tenderizer.) Leave meat marinating on the counter for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Prepare asparagus by washing and snapping off woody ends. Divide into small, equal piles that would correspond with how many slices of beef you have. 1 pound (technically 0.9 lbs) was 8 slices for me. Depending how thick or thin your asparagus is will determine how many you'll wrap. (I used 3 per pile.)
- Preheat outdoor grill to 550-600 degrees F.
- Wrap each pile of asparagus with one slice of meat. Secure with toothpick. Spray meat and asparagus lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Grill about 2 minutes per side or until beef is cooked to how you like it. Because it's so thin, it should cook pretty quickly.
- Remove bundles from grill and cover with foil 5 minutes to rest before drizzling with balsamic glaze (optional) and enjoy.