Well, happy Wednesday, my friends! This week has been a little hectic for me–just trying to get things organized for my trip next week!
So, this was our dinner last night. Talk about quick and easy. You basically marinate some chicken and grill it up. Top it with a glaze and throw it on a soft pita. Seriously yummy. I also made a blue cheese spread that is delicious with this chicken. Heck, scrap the pita and just dip the chicken in the sauce! It’s a great make ahead meal too. Or appetizer!
You can also modify it to a heat and sweet level you like within the glaze. I used equal parts hot sauce, butter and honey. My little one surprisingly licked the spicy glaze off the chicken! She likes the heat! Don’t know where she got that from….
Anyways, give this one a whirl! It’s super easy and hardly any dishes! Gotta love that on a weeknight!
Grilled Chicken Wing & Blue Cheese Wraps
- 1-1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts 2 large or 4 small
for the chicken marinade/brine-
for the glaze-
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce I used Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons honey
for the Blue Cheese spread-
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 oz blue cheese
- salt & pepper
- chopped celery
- chopped carrots
- lettuce or spinach
- 4 soft pitas
- Slice chicken into strips and place into a large ziploc bag. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour over chicken. Seal bag and move chicken around to coat. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients of blue cheese spread together and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When you are ready to cook, place all ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and microwave to melt the butter. Stir and set aside. Preheat outdoor grill to high heat. Remove chicken from refrigerator and grill 2-3 minutes a side or until grill marks form and thoroughly cooked. Spoon glaze over cooked chicken and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place pita on grill to warm for 30 seconds or so.
- For assembly, top warm pita with chicken, blue cheese spread, chopped celery, carrot and spinach.