This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Hamburger Helper
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef 96/4
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz elbow macaroni 1/2 pound
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup fat free evaporated milk divided
- 2 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add onion, ground beef, salt and pepper. Break beef apart as it cooks and onions soften.
- Once beef is completely cooked, add in tomato paste, tomato sauce, beef broth, macaroni, spices and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Cover and cook over medium to medium low heat, stirring occasionally to ensure pasta is cooking evenly. If you notice the pan is looking dry before the pasta is cooked, you can definitely add 1/2 cup extra broth.
- Once pasta is cooked to al dente, stir in remaining evaporated milk and grated cheese. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed, divide into four even portions and serve.