This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Cheesy Fajita Pasta
- 8 oz shell pasta 1/2 pound
- 1 cup red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes 1 can
- 1 pound precooked boneless skinless chicken breast I used white meat rotisserie chicken with skin and bones removed
- 1 packet fajita seasoning 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup mexican style blend cheese grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large, deep sided skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions and peppers over medium heat until onions are mostly tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken and fajita seasoning.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour together with chicken broth until incorporated and there are no lumps. Pour into the pan and bring to boil to thicken sauce slightly.
- Add pasta and cheese to the pan and stir to coat well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed, divide into four even portions and serve.