Hash Brown Egg Cups are easy to throw together, tasty and super adaptable! Perfect for a savory breakfast on Easter morning.
With Easter right around the corner, I wanted to do something cute, festive and savory so I have for you Hash Brown Egg Cups! I see a ton of sweets for Easter on Pinterest, but not a whole lot of savory. So, this is what we’ll be having Easter morning. Buttery and crispy hashbrown nests with light and fluffy scrambled eggs inside. Aren’t they cute?
Hash Brown Egg Cups Recipe
- Butter and Onion – Grease your muffin tin with butter and onions. This adds flavor and the perfect setting for potatoes to brown and crisp up.
- Baked Potatoes – Bake fresh potatoes or use leftovers, either way, this ingredient is used as our hash brown base. Alternatively, you could use frozen hash browns here.
- Egg, Salt, and Pepper – This is to help flavor our hash browns and also help hold them together while baking.
- Scrambled Eggs – Fill your hash brown cups with scrambled eggs but please feel free to fill these with whatever you want. Bacon, eggs, sausage, veggies, etc. It’s all yummy.
How to Make Hash Brown Egg Cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned and tender, 5 minutes. Set aside
- Now, we’re going to fish around the fridge and find some baked potatoes from the night before. Now, grate those suckers up! (Grating these potatoes cold is the key to less of a mess).
- With some of that extra butter from sauteing the onions, we’re going to grease up our jumbo muffin tins. Don’t be stingy. You want these little nests to be crunchy and buttery! Mmm…
- The rest of the butter and onions will go into a bowl with the potatoes, an egg and salt, and pepper. Don’t be stingy on the salt. Salt + Butter + Potatoes = best hashbrowns ever.
- Mix the potatoes up and press them into those muffin tins. Bake these until the edges are all dark and golden about 15 minutes
- After 2 minutes of cooling, they could come right out! Fill them with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese or anything your little heart desires! Voila, delicious and custom Hash Brown Egg Cups!
More Easter Recipes to Try!
- Amazing Baked Ham
- Orange Almond Easter Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Potato Chip Easter Nests
- Planted Carrot Chocolate Easter Cake
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Printable recipe card below and don’t forget to pin it! Happy Easter!
Hash Brown Egg Cups
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 2 leftover baked potatoes
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- scrambled eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned and tender, 5 minutes. Set aside. Grease 6 jumbo muffin tins with extra butter found in the skillet next to the onions.
- Grate baked potatoes into a large bowl. Stir in onions, remaining butter, egg, salt, and pepper. Divide evenly between muffin tins and press evenly across the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges are dark brown and crispy. Cool 2 minutes and remove from pans. Fill with scrambled eggs and serve warm.