This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
*Side note: Check out my food blogging friends in the side bar! My newest addition, Natalie Perry from Perrysplate.com is now one of my FAVORITES! I love her site, so go check it out…..but only after you finish up here!*
Homemade Crunch n' Munch
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Pop popcorn and pour into large bowl, being sure to sort out any unpopped kernels. Add in pretzels and peanuts.
- In large measuring cup, stir together butter, sugars, corn syrup and salt. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until everything has melted together and bubbled. Make sure you stop and stir every 30 seconds or so! (You'll have to watch it carefully so it doesn't bubble over the top!) Once all the sugar crystals have melted and everything is uniform in color, stir in vanilla extract and baking soda well-at this point the baking soda will make the sugar mixture double in volume and almost become similar to a melted marshmallow
- At this point, pour sugar mixture over popcorn, peanuts and preztels and stir well. Pour coated mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake 10 minutes and remove from oven. Stir with spatula to break larger pieces apart and let cool completely. Scrape crunch n' munch off baking sheet and break any large pieces into smaller ones. Store in air tight containers.