This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Spinach and Feta Pizza is full of wonderful flavors that really work together to make a uniquely delicious meal.
Spinach and Feta Pizza | Perry’s Plate
Once upon a time, Natalia from Perry’s Plate and I did a recipe swap! This is where I try a recipe of hers and she tries a recipe of mine and we blog about it. Well, it took me a few days and countless hours looking through all her recipes to finally just choose one to try. I finally chose her Spinach and Feta Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce. This is one of her original creations and it will not disappoint. All of the flavors really work together to make a uniquely delicious pizza.
Main Ingredients Needed
- Pizza Dough – I opted to make my own homemade pizza dough. Super yummy stuff, but you could also buy pre-made pizza dough!
- Pizza Sauce + Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto – these two are combined to make the best base for a pizza ever.
- Bacon – did I mention that this pizza is chock full of bacon, too? Good gravy is bacon good! (It was my husband’s favorite part of this dish!)
- Spinach – I love spinach on pizza! Super great color, flavor, and nutrition.
- Mozzarella + Feta – these two combine to create a perfectly mild yet sharp cheesy combo. Love this!
For the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – these are jarred in oil to preserve flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese – a little bit of fat and sharp flavor.
- Pine Nuts – toasted is best for this recipe.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – this loosens up the pesto while creating a silky texture.
How to Make Spinach and Feta Pizza
If you don’t already have your sun-dried tomato pesto made and you’re planning on making your own pizza dough then this is going to take a little time to make. But if you break it up in stages throughout the day or do things in advance (like the day before) then it should be a breeze to come together. All the steps are easy so don’t feel you need to be intimidated by this multi-step recipe. It’s a cinch.
Step 1: Make the Pesto
Combine tomatoes, cheese, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse/blend until thoroughly combined. Drizzle a little oil in if it gets too thick to process.
Step 2: Prepare Pizza
Spread pizza dough out into a rimmed cookie sheet (or round pizza pan, stone, peel or whatever you usually use). Combine pesto and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Spread overstretched pizza dough. Top with fresh spinach, then mozzarella.
Step 3: Bake and Serve!
Bake until the crust is firmed up, but not yet golden brown. Remove pizza from oven and top with crumbled bacon and feta cheese. Return pizza to the oven and bake until crust is golden brown underneath and the cheese is bubbly and browning.
Remove and serve.
Related Recipes to Try!
Anyways, have fun in the kitchen with this one! It’s great! Thanks for letting me share it, Natalie!
The printable recipe card is down below 🙂
Spinach and Feta Pizza
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough or enough to make a large pizza
- 12 slices bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1/3 cup homemade sun-dried tomato pesto see recipe below
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese about 8 oz
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
Easy Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto By: Natalie from Perry's Plate (yield 2 1/2 – 3 cups):
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes sliced thinly, I bought mine julienned
- 1 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- extra-virgin olive oil as needed
- Spread pizza dough out into a rimmed cookie sheet (or round pizza pan, stone, peel or whatever you usually use). Combine pesto and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Spread over stretched pizza dough. Top with fresh spinach, then mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the crust is firmed up, but not yet golden brown. Remove pizza from oven and top with crumbled bacon and feta cheese. Return pizza to the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes or so until crust is golden brown underneath and the cheese is bubbly and browning.
- Remove and serve.
For the Pesto:
- Combine tomatoes, cheese, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse/blend until thoroughly combined. Drizzle a little oil in if it gets to thick to process.