This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Happy Monday, Friends!
Over the weekend, I finished watching Felicity on Netflix. I know, it’s a real accomplishment. I have to do SOMETHING while my husband is away at his National Guard Drills…ya know, besides watch my kids. I’m not sure I like how it all ended, but I guess that’s ok because it’s a FAKE TV SHOW after all. Gord HATED me watching this, but secretly deep down, I think he really liked it.
Which brings me to my next point: Friday Night Lights. More importantly: Tim Riggins. This is my next show. Gordon is “going to hate this one too”. Mm-hmm. Ok, honey.
Yeah, neither do I.
This dessert is a monster. So rich, decadent, fudgy and sweet. Straight up ridiculous, but mama mia, that warm chocolatey brownie with the cold ice cream gets me every.single.time.
Here’s how you make them:
Start by stirring a boxed brownie mix together. See? EASY is the name of the game.Pour this into a greased 9×9 dish and pop it into the oven.Lick out the bowl. This is a very important step.While the brownies are cooking, you can make some hot fudge! Who knew it was so easy to make?! All you do is boil some cream, cocoa, corn syrup, salt, chocolate chips and brown sugar together. Cook a few minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in some butter, vanilla and a few more chocolate chips. That’s it! Can you believe it? Yeah, amazing.And just like that, the brownies are done!Poke a whole bunch of holes in your brownies and pour on 3/4 cup of hot fudge. Make sure to make a bunch of holes! You want the whole thing drenched!! I used a fork, but if I were to do it again, I’d use something bigger…like the end of a wooden spoon or something. Spread the hot fudge over the warm brownies to make sure it gets into every crevice and let these sit for 10 minutes before serving.Cut into squares and top with vanilla ice cream. Serve right away and enjoy the heavenly goodness! Here’s the printable. Enjoy!
Hot Fudge Brownie
- 1 box brownie mix + eggs, oil and water
- Make and bake a box of brownies according to package directions.
- While brownies are baking, place cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt and half the chocolate chips into a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and stir frequently until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and lightly simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining chocolate, butter and vanilla.
- Pour sauce into a separate bowl to cool until brownies are done baking.
- Once brownies are done baking, cool 5-10 minutes and poke holes into it. Drizzle 3/4 cup prepared hot fudge overtop brownies and spread to saturate evenly. Sit another 10 minutes or so, then cut into squares and serve with ice cream and cherries.