This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Muffins (MF)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons truvia
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 scoops collagen peptides I use vital proteins; this is 6 tablespoons
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nonfat milk I used Fairlife protein milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degreed F. Line light colored muffin tins with paper liners OR spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Since this recipe doesn't have very much fat in it at all, the muffins will have a tendency to stick to the paper, especially when they are warm. So if you want to avoid that, don't use the paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, truvia, sugar, salt, baking powder and collagen together until incorporated.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in all the wet: egg whites, melted butter, vanilla and milk. Stir until batter is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins and bake 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centers are fully baked. Enjoy warm or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Feel free to microwave briefly to warm before enjoying.