This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Mexican Street Corn Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded or sliced thin; 4 pieces total
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 15.25 oz sweet corn drained; OR 2 earns fresh sweet corn
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 oz cotija cheese divided
- tajin to taste
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes per side to brown and get it to 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from pan, place onto a plate and cover with foil.
- Add onion to pan and cook 2-3 minutes until it starts to become tender. Add in the corn and garlic. Add salt and pepper and cook another minute. Add in tomatillo salsa, cilantro, lime juice and half of the cotija cheese.
- Place cooked chicken back into hot pan, top with corn mixture, remaining cheese and tajin. Serve.