This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef 96/4
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup beef consomme I use Campbells (in the red can)
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hamburger buns I used great value (Walmart)
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add ground beef, onion, green pepper and salt & pepper. As meat browns, break apart. After 7 minutes, meat should be browned and veggies tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in all purpose flour and stir to absorb. Add in beef consomme and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil and thicken sauce, then reduce temperature to low.
- Divide meat into four even portions in the pan, then top with slice of provolone cheese and cover to melt. This will only take 20-30 seconds.
- Using a spatula, scoop up meat with melted cheese and transfer to buns. (Feel free to toast the buns, if desired.) Serve hot.