This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This delicious Bruschetta Chicken Recipe is a simple, fast and healthy dinner! Made with chicken cutlets and topped with a tomato basil topping inspired by my bruschetta. I love this recipe and know you will, too!
Bruschetta Chicken | A Favorite Dinner
This Bruschetta Chicken made its way around the web when I first posted it last week for dinner. Lots of people were sharing the picture because they were THAT excited about this ever-popular recipe. Now, all you lovely readers can actually share the prettier pictures with accompanying recipe to boot!
Main Ingredients Needed
This recipe is a relatively healthy one that only requires minimal (but flavorful!) ingredients.
- Roma Tomatoes – fresh and slightly tangy, Roma tomatoes are the perfect type for bruschetta chicken.
- Garlic + Fresh Basil – garlic and basil to complement the tomatoes.
- Chicken – simple cooked chicken for a bright and fresh meal.
- Balsamic Glaze – I love to top this meal with a balsamic glaze, it perfectly rounds out the flavors in this Italian-inspired dish.
This Bruschetta Chicken recipe is a simple one, but don’t let that deter you from customizing it for a little more flavor. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Parmesan Cheese: feel free to top this dish with parmesan cheese.
- Red Onions: these can be added to the bruschetta to add some punch.
- Italian Seasoning: try adding this to the chicken while it cooks. More herbs equals more flavor.
How to make Bruschetta Chicken
For full details, including increments, see the recipe card down below!
Step 1: Make the Bruschetta Topping
Dice the tomatoes and add them to a large bowl. Add in the minced garlic, fresh basil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat and then set aside.
Step 2: Brown the Chicken
Blot chicken with paper towels and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Cook 4-5 minutes per side until its well browned and registers at 165 degrees F.
Step 3: Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze
Once the chicken is fully cooked, top with your bruschetta topping, drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
How to Serve Bruschetta Chicken
Here are some traditional items to serve with this meal:
- mashed potatoes
- garlic bread
Low Carb Options
Or if you are sticking to a low carb diet, here are some tasty alternatives:
- zucchini noodles
- cauliflower rice
More Recipe to Try!
- Crock Pot Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Italian Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Bruschetta
- Greek Salad Bruschetta
- Breaded Bruschetta Chicken
And that’s it! Bruschetta Chicken, a simple 30 minute meal perfect for those busy weeknights.
The printable recipe card is down below, save/print/bookmark this page 🙂
for the bruschetta topping-
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 small clove garlic grated
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to a large bowl. Add in the minced garlic, fresh basil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat and then set aside.
- Blot chicken with paper towels and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Cook 4-5 minutes per side until its well browned and registers at 165 degrees F.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, top with your bruschetta topping, drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
I just made this tonight and we loved it!!! I used thin breast cutlets and served over angel hair. I also added about 2 tbls of red onion to the bruschetta and it was awesome! This recipe is definitely a keeper!!
Hi! I refer back to this recipe all the time. Have I lost my mind, or has it changed? Where’s the recipe with the bread crumbs? I miss it and need it! I tried to make it by memory tonight and I must have forgotten something.
Hi! No, you are not crazy! I just moved it to another url: https://laurenslatest.com/breaded-bruschetta-chicken/
Did you change the recipe recently? I have made your bruschetta chicken several times and my family LOVES it. I always come to the website to access the recipe. But this recipe is not the one that I’ve made in the past. The one that my family loves uses a delicious breaded chicken. I should have printed the recipe. I’m so sad to have lost it.
Hi! I just moved the recipe to another url! https://laurenslatest.com/breaded-bruschetta-chicken/
I’m obsessed with bruschetta in all it’s variations. Can’t wait to try this!
[…] Bruschetta Chicken […]
[…] Recipe source: barely adapted from Lauren’s Latest […]
[…] Bruschetta Chicken […]
[…] Recipe by Lauren’s Latest at https://laurenslatest.com/bruschetta-chicken/ […]
I am a former chef/culinary graduate. I make a homemade meal every night and my husband doesn’t usually say much. After I served him this Brushetta chicken he said,”is there seconds? This should be on a menu!” Thank you for making me look like a rockstar with this recipe!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RECIPE!, This is one of the first recipes I tried of yours, and have since tried so many since i came across your site about a year ago! This one is one of my favorites, especially for my 2 year old, she loves tomatoes and pasta! Thanks for having this site to share!
This has become a staple in my house, my husband asks for it and I love it. My daughter doesn’t eat tomatoes but it still works. Thanks for the idea . It’s perfect .
Made this last night, so easy and super delicious!
i can’t wait to make it again.
Sounds like a winner!!!!
I made this last night and it was a big hit. . .I used the olive oil and balsamic and it was delicious . This will be a regular at our house.
This looks so bright and beautiful. Nice and light too with no heavy sauce. Yum!
This looks great Lauren!!
Thank you for the healthy recipe! Mmmm
I make a similar recipe but I toss the pasta with pesto. Give it a try.