Are you a mushroom lover or a hater? If you are in the happy loving mushroom camp, have I got a ground breaking, life-altering recipe for you! If you’re a hater, then I’m really very sorry for your loss. They are tasty little fungi.
Most people in my family are on the haters side, fortunately. Yes, I said fortunately. This way I can hog these stuffed little babies all to myself because they are goo-ood. Creamy, salty, ooey-gooey little- -piece-of-heaven-you-never-want-to-stop-eating kind of good. And they’re super simple to make! I had everything on hand yesterday. Of course, everyone likes different things on their pizza, so adjust accordingly!
Start out first with some cream cheese, parmesan cheese and spices in a bowl.
Then mix it up so be nice and smooth. Having softened cream cheese really helps p.s.
Now, gather your pizza toppings/ingredients…
And toss them into the bowl of cream cheese.
Mix it all up and that’s your filling! Simple right?
Then take a heaping teaspoon and fill up your mushroom caps. *Don’t forget to wash the mushrooms first!*
Bake these babies for 20 minutes and then pop them under the broiler until the tops get brown and lovely.
Then get ready to head on down to flavor town!
Mmmmmmm…….I love love loved these! They hit the spot yesterday for lunch.
Go team ‘shroom! Nothing like a mushroom stuffed with goodies to perk up your week! Happy Wednesday 🙂
Other recipes you might like:
Stuffed Mushrooms from Annie’s Eats
Stuffed Mushrooms from What’s Gaby Cooking
Stuffed Mushrooms from Baked Bree
Herb Stuffed Mushrooms from Elana’s Pantry
Special Stuffed Mushrooms from Dine and Dish
Blue Cheese Filled Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms from Lauren’s Latest
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield 2 servings
- 10 whole Baby Bella Or Crimini Mushrooms
- 4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cups Grated Parmesan Or Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ teaspoons Dried Basil
- ⅛ teaspoons Dried Oregano
- Garlic Salt And Pepper, To Taste
- ¼ cups Finely Diced Pepperoni
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Green Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray two mini iron skillets with non stick cooking spray and set aside. (A sheet tray will work just fine, too!)
- Wash mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove stems. (They should just pop out!) Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir cream cheese, parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic salt and pepper together until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients, excluding the mushrooms.
- Spoon into prepared mushroom caps by the heaping teaspoonful. Place 5 in each skillet and bake 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, switch your oven from bake to broil and brown the tops of each mushroom. Remove and serve hot.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @laurens_latest on Instagram and hashtag it #laurenslatest.