Pressure Cooker Creamy Cajun Pasta is quick to prep and even quicker to cook (5 minutes!) This will become a new family favorite meal.
I’m becoming a big big fan of the electric pressure cooker. SO many options for quick, one-pot dinners are popping up online and I have slowly become one of those resources! As a busy working mother who cooks for a living, finding extra time anywhere in my day to spend with my family is something I always try to do. Who wants to spend all that time cooking a meal or doing the dishes afterwards? NOT THIS GIRL. These days, instead of asking myself “will my kids eat this?” I’m more like “how many dishes will this recipe make?” It’s all about the priorities, people.
And while I don’t have a huge archive of pressure cooker recipes for you to choose from, I do have a few REALLY REALLY good ones. Not all pressure cooker recipes are created equal and not all recipes are worth making in the pressure cooker.
Stew? I still prefer that in my crockpot.
Pasta? 1000% worth the time saved by cooking the sauce together with the pasta in the pressure cooker. It only takes 5 minutes to cook my pasta perfectly and you have one pot to wash/throw in the dishwasher. I own the Crockpot Electric Pressure Cooker and I love it! (pictured below.) I know the popular brand that you are seeing everywhere is the InstantPot, but that one is more expensive and you have to buy the nonstick pot insert separately! (The Crockpot Pressure Cooker comes with it automatically.) Sooo, if you’re on the fence, let me be your guide. Get the Crockpot one.
Anyways, this recipe features smoked sausage and pasta, cooked and coated in a creamy cajun sauce. I only added one teaspoon of cajun seasoning because it has a tendency to be on the spicy side (and I have kids to feed!) but you can adjust it as you see fit. These kinds of recipes also traditionally call for bell peppers but I had none on hand, so add them in at your own discretion.
Below are a few photos of this recipe, plus the printable recipe card at the end, as usual! If you have any questions, leave me a comment below, or come join my Facebook Community. Lots of fun to be had over there! Have a great day, friends!
Pressure Cooker Creamy Cajun Pasta
Yield 4 servings
Delicious and creamy Cajun Pasta made in a Pressure Cooker! Quick to prep and even quicker to cook (5 minutes!) this will become a new family favorite meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning*
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- dried parsley flakes for garnish, optional
- Add olive oil, onion and smoked sausage to the bottom of an electric pressure cooker on the BROWN/SAUTE function. Cook about 5 minutes until the onions start to soften and the sausage starts to render off some fat.
- Add in pasta, diced tomatoes, cajun seasoning, salt and water. Stir and press pasta down into an even layer across the top of the pressure cooker. Add lid, secure, and switch cooking function to BEANS/CHILI, and cook for 5 minutes under HIGH pressure.
- Once timer is complete, quick release pressure and stir pasta.
- Add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese and cream cheese and continue to stir until its all melted in and created a creamy sauce. Top with parsley flakes and serve.
*I don't use a ton of cajun seasoning because it's a little on the spicy side. Feel free to add more if you can handle the spice. I have kids, so milder is better.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @laurens_latest on Instagram and hashtag it #laurenslatest.