This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Provolone & Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets (cutlets are just thinly sliced chicken breasts)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 pound asparagus washed and woody ends snapped off
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning I used McCormick Italian Seasoning Grinder…I think it tastes better
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Lay all chicken cutlets down onto a clean cutting board. You should have about 8-4 oz cutlets. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Fill with 3-4 asparagus spears and one slice of provolone cheese. Roll tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Once all the chicken cutlets are filled, sprinkle the exteriors with salt, pepper and more italian seasoning.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Brown all sides of the stuffed chicken. It's ok if they don't cook thoroughly…you're just wanting to sear them to get a little color.
- Once chicken is completely browned, transfer to prepared baking pan and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the chicken registers at 165 degrees F and cheese is all melted. (Be sure to stick your internal thermometer into a thicker part of the chicken, not just into the center of the roll.) Serve hot.