This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A Puff Pastry Pesto Wreath is the perfect holiday appetizer. Festive, delicious, so easy and only takes about 10 minutes to make!
The perfect Christmas party appetizer has arrived, Puff Pastry Pesto Wreath! I love a good filled puff pastry and as the holiday season approaches, I’ve been racking my brain, trying to figure out easy and fast Christmas recipes, and this one made the cut!
I’ve been dying to share this recipe with you because it’s so simple to throw together, you can make it in advance and bake it off when you need it and it tastes fabulous as long as you’re using good pesto and roasted red peppers. Definitely an Italian-tasting treat that looks amazing on any food table.
This Wreath starts with store-bought puff pastry. I found round puff pastry sheets at the grocery store, but if you can’t find round ones, the rectangular ones will work just as well, cut into large circles. Place the first wreath shape down on your baking sheet and then fill with pesto, roasted red peppers and a little more salt to flavor the puff pastry. Top with another piece of puff pastry, cut into strips and twist those pieces two or three times to get green and red swirls. Bake until golden brown and garnish with parmesan cheese, fresh thyme sprigs and a roasted red pepper bow. Not totally necessary but suuuper cute 🙂
I had some friends over when I made this and they were ooh-ing and ahh-ing at it, even though it took me 10 minutes to throw together and was made from 3 main ingredients.
It’s a great, festive recipe idea for the holidays and certainly feeds a crowd…as most of my recipes do.
Anyways, be sure to grab the printable recipe or pin for later! It’s a good one you’re not going to want to lose.
Have a great day, friends.
Puff Pastry Pesto Wreath
- 2 sheets refrigerated puff pastry
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 roasted red pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- coarse salt & black pepper
- fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll one sheet of round puff pastry on a floured board. Sprinkle with more flour and gently roll with a rolling pin to flatten. If your puff pastry sheets are not round, roll flat and then cut the edges to form a circle. Cut a 3-4 inch wide circle in the middle to form a wreath. Transfer puff pastry to prepared baking sheet.
- Spread pesto over entire puff pastry sheet. Dry roasted red pepper on paper towels and slice a few thin, long strips for the bow. Set strips aside. Chop remaining bell pepper into small pieces and sprinkle over pesto. Sprinkle with salt.
- Unroll second sheet of puff pastry onto floured board and repeat rolling and forming a round wreath shape. Place overtop the pesto and roasted red peppers. Using kitchen shears, cut 3/4-inch strips all the way around, being sure to not cut all the way through (to ensure everything stays connected as a wreath. Twist all the strips to the right two to three times to create a twirled pattern.
- Bake 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven and form a roasted red pepper bow with reserved red pepper strips. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, more salt, pepper and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve warm.