This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Are any of you watching Nashville? I think I may have found my next show addiction.
Thank you hulu.
I curiously watch the first 5 minutes of a bunch of shows when I’m bored/want to avoid dishes. If it peaks my interest, then I keep watching. Usually none of them make the cut because my attention span is comparative to that of……a goldfish? A fruit fly? Something along those lines. But my obsession with Friday Night Lights is what made me click on Nashville. Connie Britton is where it’s at, yo. I may or may not have a slight girl crush on her. #shessopretty
Also, if Tim Riggins could make a cameo appearance, that would basically just make my life.
There’s a little FNL humor for you. Watch that series and then you’ll know what I’m talking about.
ANYWAYS, the moral of the story: I love television.
Particularly the grilled cheese variety because it contains my two favorite food groups in all the land: carbs and cheese. Yes, those are food groups at my house.
This sandwich happened for lunch one day on a whim. I had a little extra pesto left from making this recipe and for some reason I bought fresh mozzarella, so obviously I had to throw some of that onto a sandwich and melt it up.
Oh em gee, you guys. This is my new favorite sandwich.
Roasted red peppers + basil + pesto + melty cheese = comatose. Also, epic.
It’s sort of like a crispy and buttery caprese sandwich but without fresh tomatoes. I did throw on a few sun-dried tomatoes because I love those little suckers, but left the fresh ones off. Totally a preference thing. Sliced turkey would have been amazing on this too, but was fresh out of that. Ok ok, I’ll make it again and try it with the turkey….twist my arm.
If you need an easy and tasty lunch, give this recipe a go. You will love it 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!
Roasted Red Pepper and Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 slices of French bread or Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 large roasted red peppers
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes optional
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat skillet or grill pan over medium low heat.
- To make the sandwiches, stack all ingredients in between two slices of bread being sure to spread the pesto evenly in between both sandwiches. Spread the outer sides of the bread on the sandwich with softened butter and grill until bread is toasty and cheese is melted. Rest 1 minute before cutting and eating.