This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicious Sauteed Brussel Sprouts are an easy side dish to prepare for any dinner. Mixed in are bacon and cashews! YUM!
Let’s talk about these Sauteed Brussel Sprouts!
Every other Sunday afternoon, my husbands family gets together and has a big dinner. We all take our turns making the main course and accompanying sides. Yesterday, I got to make a side dish. Well, me being the adventurous type experimented with these Brussel Sprouts and fed them to my entire extended family. Yes, I am one of those people who feed my family my culinary experiments…..with Brussel sprouts no less! To be honest, I wasn’t really worried that this wouldn’t turn out because it has butter and bacon in it. Who doesn’t want to eat their greens after the butter bacon application? No one in the Brennan family because this entire dish was devoured! The adults, the kids, nieces, nephews- everyone liked them!
They still had the Brussel sprouts flavor, because after all, they are still Brussel sprouts BUT it wasn’t strong–especially after being cooked with onions and bacon! YUM YUM.
Brussels are like mini cabbages so when you slice them, they look like they’ve been shredded. And, when you cut them like this, they cook faster too! This veggie side dish came together in a snap and looked nice and vibrant on our plates! It was a nice change from plain old steamed carrots or peas and didn’t take very much brain power to have it come together.
All in all, a great Sunday dinner and a delicious new way to eat your greens! Try it sometime! You might be surprised who likes it!
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Cashews
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts
- 5 slices bacon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped
- Slice bacon into 1/4 inch pieces. Saute in large skillet until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels and discard bacon grease.
- Place skillet back onto a medium to medium-high heat. Melt butter and saute onions 5 minutes.
- Wash Brussel sprouts and peel any dirty leaves off. Slice Brussel sprouts into thin strips/pieces so they look shredded. Stir into hot skillet and saute 10 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in bacon.
- Pour onto serving platter and top with chopped cashews. Serve warm.