This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic I used large cloves
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup reserved cooking liquid (pasta water)
- parsley chopped, optional
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook whole wheat spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid and then drain. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, blot shrimp to dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and cook shrimp 1-2 minutes on both sides until bright pink and opaque. Remove from pan.
- Place pan back on heat and add in garlic, lemon juice and butter. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in pasta and toss to coat in sauce, adding in pasta cooking liquid as you go to create a light sauce. Add in cooked shrimp and toss with parsley. Divide into four equal portions and serve.