This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Strawberry Shortcakes
Need a sweet treat that is perfect for summer that won't blow your macros completely out of the water? Try these simple strawberry shortcakes!
- 2 cups bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups light cool whip
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons truvia
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir bisquick baking mix together with the milk to form a batter. Spoon into 6 even biscuits on the parchment paper and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While biscuits are baking, slice strawberries and toss with truvia and vanilla extract. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- To assemble, slice each biscuit in half. Top the bottom half of each biscuit with 1/4 cup light cool whip. Top with fresh strawberries and serve.
The more accurate macros for 1 serving (1/6th) of this recipe are as follows: 221 calories, 5.2g F/40.3g C/4.7g P.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg