This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Not only is this a delicious meal, it comes together in a snap and its a great way to get rid of some leftover chicken in your fridge. When I made this, the feedback from my family was ‘you didn’t make enough!’. So, be sure to make 2 if you have some hungry people to feed! And, this recipe is one I entered into the Pillsbury Monthly Bake-off for October, and its now being voted on in the finals, so you know its going to be good! You can check it out HERE.
Southwest Chicken Pie
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust from 15-oz box
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 4 oz
- 1 egg beaten
- Avocado slices
- Chopped tomato
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced limes
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crust from refrigerator. Unroll and place flat on ungreased cookie sheet.
- n large bowl, toss together chicken, salsa, onions, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon chicken mixture onto center of crust spreading to within 1 1/2 inches of edge. Top chicken mixture with beans and 1 cup cheese.
- Fold crust edge over filling to form 1 1/2 -inch border, pleating crust as necessary. Brush crust edge with beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. If necessary, during last 10 minutes of baking cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes. To serve, top with avocado slices, tomato, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, limes or sour cream then cut into wedges. Or, cut into wedges and top each individual serving as desired.