Southwest Crockpot Egg Noodle Casserole is a creamy and easy Mexican inspired chicken dinner! Filled with peppers, cream cheese, chicken and lots of egg noodles, this meal is totally family-friendly and kid approved.
I’ve got another cream-cheese-filled dinner for ya today! Remember this Italian Crockpot Recipe? Well, I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from that, so I decided to throw cream cheese into this southwest-inspired chicken dinner! (Except, I’m actually throwing cream cheese into everything, so you had it coming?) Every so often, I can’t stop cooking dinner in my crockpot and these past few weeks have kicked my slow-cooking addiction back into gear!
Not only is this a relatively healthy dinner, but I’ve forgotten how much I love egg noodles! They are light and wonderful and work really well with the creamy sauce. And did I mention that you throw everything into a crockpot, then set it and forget it? Crockpot meals are where it’s AT!
Here’s how to make it:
Into your cold crockpot, add in some diced onions, red and green peppers and one small can of mild green chiles.
Sprinkle over some cumin, salt and pepper over your chicken tenders…
…then add in that block of cream cheese! Top it with the lid and cook it on high for 4 hours.
After the 4 hours is up, stir the sauce together to melt the cream cheese completely and shred the chicken. This is what your sauce should look like.
Add in your cooked egg noodles and toss with the sauce.
I added in some dried parsley because I think it looked good, but feel free to eat it plain, or serve the noodles and sauce separately. Either way will be yummy and tummies will be happy 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend. Get the printable recipe below!
Southwest Crockpot Egg Noodle Casserole
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 4.5 oz diced green chiles mild
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz wide egg noodles cooked and drained
- In the bowl of a crockpot, add onion, peppers, green chiles and chicken tenders. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Top with cream cheese and cover.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until veggies are tender and chicken can easily shred.
- Stir all ingredients together, shredding chicken as you go. Stir in egg noodles and toss to coat in sauce. Add in a splash of water or chicken stock to get sauce to the consistency you like (optional).
- Taste, add salt and pepper if needed and serve hot.