This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My four year old thinks she hates foods that are red and/or green.
Spinach? She will throw up.
Red or green bell peppers? They WILL kill her.
My husband recently taught her the word disgusting too. Smooth move, honey.
Don’t even get me started on the eye rolling, sarcasm and drama….her becoming a teenager is going to be a REAL treat.
Until that happens, we deal with this food issue as it comes up….every 3-4 hours. I eat vegetables and have her eat them too. She is devastated on a daily basis and still somehow can’t remember that people in the world eat vegetables.
Brooke also prefers her eggs plain. Meaning nothing mixed in to contaminate them. Even getting her to eat scrambled eggs was a bit of a hassle. WELL, I’m here to tell you that veggies of the colored variety and cooking methods of eggs get completely forgotten when you throw a few tater tots into the mix.
TATER TOTS WILL BRING ABOUT WORLD PEACE. Especially at my house.
I loved this casserole. My husband loved this casserole. And my daughter loved the tater tots, therefore ate this casserole and didn’t die. I’d say that’s a success.
Here’s how you make it:Saute onions and peppers in a skillet until soft, about 5 minutes.While that is cooking, grate some cheese…and whip up some eggs.Once the veggies are done, stir them into the eggs along with some cheese and pour into a well greased 9×13 pan.Add in some tater tots…and top with a little more cheese.Bake 30-35 minutes until it don’t jiggle no mo’. Top with a little cilantro and serve.Cut it up into pieces and start eating!If you love tater tots, then this is the breakfast for you!! It’s light, full of veggies and protein plus is super simple to whisk up and bake. Try this out today!
Southwest Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups frozen tater tots
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- salsa sour cream, any extra toppings you'd like
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onions and peppers 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Crack 12 eggs into large bowl and stir in salt and pepper. Add in cooked veggies and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour into greased 9x13 glass dish. Place tater tots into egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and egg casserole doesn't jiggle. Top with cilantro and cut into pieces. Serve warm.