This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Swiss Chicken
- 32 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 4 large
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices baby swiss cheese I used Kroger brand
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk I used fairlife
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers
- 9×13 baking dish
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in between two pieces of parchment paper and pound out to be less than 1-inch thick and more even across the entire breast. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and place into prepared pan. Top each piece of chicken with cheese. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk cold milk with flour, poultry seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place over medium heat and whisk constantly until sauce starts to thicken into a sauce. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour hot sauce overtop chicken. Top chicken with crushed ritz crackers.
- Cover pan and bake 45 minutes OR until chicken is thoroughly cooked and registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Divide evenly into four portions and serve hot with rice.