This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I was compensated to develop this recipe and write this post on behalf of Butterball. Although I received product to review, my opinions expressed here are completely my own.
I may or may not be obsessed with skewering and grilling meats. It’s just so easy and fast to do! And that charred BBQ flavor is so good it makes me want to scream and punch someone in the face…or something.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that skewers off the grill are the bomb.
Now, rosemary skewers off the grill are the bomb diggity.
Like regular skewers but all hopped up on deliciousness.
Pair that rosemary flavor with some Butterball Turkey Sausage and you have got an amazingly delicious and super simple supper. My husband and I have both decided that this Smoked Dinner Sausage is one of our favorite products from Butterball. They’re just GOOD. Seriously delicious on their own, or throw them on the grill with a few veggies for a fast, better-for-you meal. Yes, these Sausages are better for you because they are made with turkey instead of pork. Being a Turketarian definitely has it’s benefits 😉
For other tasty turkey dinner ideas, be sure to check out Butterball’s Instagram feed and follow along.
Here’s how you make these Rosemary Skewers:
Start by prepping all the ingredients you are going to skewer. Grab some Butterball Turkey Sausages and cut into thick 1-inch pieces.Like so! Also, prep and slice some white button mushrooms, sweet onions…and some bell peppers.Now we can skewer onto our rosemary. I got a bunch of fresh rosemary from the grocery store. Just pull backwards from the top of the stem downwards to remove the leaves really quick. Then you can skewer the ingredients right on. Drizzle with some olive oil and grill seasoning.Grill these bad boys for 10 minutes, turning as needed. While these are on the grill, you can cook your couscous which entails boiling chicken stock, stirring in couscous and letting it sit off the heat. SO HARD, right? Ha! I stirred in some fresh parsley and pecans for a little freshness and crunch. Such a fast and delicious side.Once your Turkey Sausage and veggies are nice and charred, you can remove from the grill and serve over your warm couscous.
The rosemary adds a nice flavor to the meat but didn’t overpower it completely. Super tasty and a great end of summer meal! Find this Butterball Turkey Sausage at your grocery store and give these a whirl tonight! Enjoy!
Turkey Sausage Rosemary Skewers over Parsley Pecan Couscous
for the skewers-
- 14 oz Hardwood Smoked Butterball Turkey Sausage 1 package
- 1 green bell pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 walla walla sweet onion cut into large pieces
- 1 lb white button mushrooms washed and stems trimmed
- 12 large fresh rosemary stems most of the leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning such as Mrs. Dash grill seasoning for poultry
for the couscous-
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Start this recipe by preheating an outdoor grill or broiler.
- Open package of Turkey Sausage and cut links into 1-inch thick pieces. Prep the rest of the veggies.
- Skewer Turkey Sausage and alternating veggies onto rosemary stick. Drizzle skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Place onto hot grill and cook until veggies are cooked to your liking and Sausage has grill marks, about 10 minutes.
- While skewers are cooking, bring chicken stock to a boil. Turn off and stir in couscous, butter and salt. Cover for 5 minutes to cook couscous. Fluff with fork and stir in pecans and parsley.
- Remove skewers from grill and serve with couscous.