This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Thats right. You heard me. Raspberry and Chipotle mixed together to create magic in your mouth. I know it sounds a little strange but the spicy and smoky tasting chipotles work really well with the sweet raspberries to come together to make a terrific sauce. AND, it’ss really quite simple to throw together too.
The first time I made this stuff, it was WAY too hot for me…..and my husband…..and my in-laws. Funny that I tested that recipe on them, not thinking it would be as hot as it was. Oops. But I made it again with success. Just the right amount of heat and sweet. I have totally fallen in love with this stuff. I love it on burgers, I love it with chicken and today, we were dipping grilled cheese sandwiches in it too!
Of course you can increase or decrease the heat level with the amount of chipotles you add. This recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of chipotles in adobo that are chopped. For me, that’s the perfect amount. Taste it and add more to your discretion and if you dare! Chipotles are spicy little devils.
Again, this sauce is delicious with anything and everything! Give it a whirl and tell me what you think!
*As a side note, I will be posting a special blog post with a new recipe tomorrow, so be sure to come back and see!*
Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotles in adobo chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large skillet over medium heat sauté onions in oil until they start turning translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook another minute. Stir in remaining ingredients and lightly simmer for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and strain sauce to remove seeds and chopped onions. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Fabulous sauce; loved it! Never would have thought to mix them up but that's what you're for…and we get to be the guinea pigs! BTW, glad you got a photo; I forgot that John told me to send you one/some!