This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Whipped Chocolate Ganache makes an incredibly indulgent frosting that rivals chocolate buttercream! Made simply with good quality chocolate and heavy cream, it is simply heaven! Basically, make a regular ganache, cool to room temperature, then whip until it turns into frosting. Voila! The most decadent frosting everrrrr.
Whipped Chocolate Ganache | Glorious Decadence
Transform regular Ganache into Whipped Chocolate Ganache! Made with two ingredients, it’s perfect for frosting chocolate cupcakes, cakes, or cookies. Whipped Chocolate Ganache is fluffier than buttercream but is still chocolatey and rich! And best of all, it’s spreadable and pipeable! Makes a great frosting (obviously) but works as a cake filling too!
Main Ingredients Needed
For more details on these ingredients, I’d recommend heading over to my Chocolate Ganache recipe. Here’s what you’ll need to make whipped chocolate ganache:
- Chocolate – whether it be white, milk, dark, or a mix of chocolates, try to find a high-quality brand. I like to use Ghirardelli or Scharffen Berger.
- Heavy Cream – this helps melt the chocolate and also whips up oh so nicely!
How to Make Whipped Chocolate Ganache
For more details on how to make Whipped Chocolate Ganache, see the recipe card down below!
Chop chocolate and place into large bowl. Heat cream in the microwave until nearly boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let stand 5 minutes.
Stir until everything is completely melted, smooth and shiny to create a ganache.
Set aside 2 hours to cool completely to room temperature.
Pro tip: cool your ganache faster by pouring onto a clean baking sheet and spreading out to be 1 1/2 inches thick. It should be completely cooled after 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Transfer the ganache to a stand mixer and whip until light and fluffy. Use as desired.
How to Use Whipped Ganache
Luckily for you, I have a ton of ideas and recipes right here on the blog for you to use this Whipped Ganache with! Here are a couple:
- sugar cookies
- sugar cookie bars
- dip for fruit and pretzels
- frosting for in between whoopie pies
- an alternative to chocolate mousse
Storing Whipped Ganache
Store Whipped Ganache in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. If it has deflated, simply whip again until light and fluffy!
Make Ahead Instructions
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time! Especially because you have to wait for the ganache to cool (2+ hours). So make the ganache ahead of time, refrigerate for up to three days, then when you are ready to use it, whip away in a stand mixer 🙂
More Chocolatey Frostings to Try!
Seriously, make this easy whipped chocolate ganache for your next special occasion, you won’t regret it.
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 8 oz good quality chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chop chocolate and place into large bowl. Heat cream in the microwave until nearly boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until everything is completely melted, smooth and shiny to create a ganache. Set aside 2 hours to cool completely to room temperature.Pro tip: cool your ganache faster by pouring onto a clean baking sheet and spreading out to be 1 1/2 inches thick. It should be completely cooled after 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer the ganache to a stand mixer and whip until light and fluffy. Use as desired.
It came out great for chocolate cake but I reduced the portion enough to cover the cake.
Haven’t tried your super cheesecake recipe but you make it look so easy that I’m finally tempted to do so very soon. Hope mine turns out as well as all your die hard fans. Thank you well in advance.
This is beyond delicious! Looks fancy but so simple! It is officially my husband’s favorite! Thank you for a great recipe.
So love this. Will be making it and possibly for Easter. Thank you.