‘Tis the season for easy appetizers, and Cheese Boards are certainly at the top of my list! Everyone loves a cheese board!
Today I’m sharing an easy, ALDI-inspired Cheese Board with all of my meats and cheeses totaling less than $25. So simple to do and it turned out beautifully!
‘Tis the season for easy appetizers, and Cheese Boards are certainly at the top of my list! Everyone loves a cheese board because they require virtually no skill to make, can be put together last minute, always look beautiful, and are such a crowd-pleaser. The only struggle about it is when you get to the cash register and realize that your meats and cheeses are going to be way more than you bargained (and budgeted) for. Heaven knows how much I’ve spent on cheese alone last Christmas. Once I start throwing things into my cart, it’s hard to stop. And odds are if you are reaching for the high quality, more trendy cheeses or meats for some sort of holiday platter you’re going to pay…a lot!
But, that’s where ALDI comes in! Great products, amazing prices, all the time, regardless of the time of year. You can head to ALDI for anything you need for the holidays and then some!
What I Included on This Cheese Board
So first things first. Here is the grocery list you’ll need to recreate this Cheese Board at home, and I picked up all these delicious items from ALDI. There’s a good mixture of different textures and flavors!
- Appleton Farms Assorted Premium Salami – available in stores 12/19, $3.89 (Brooke’s favorite was the Chianti)
- Prosciutto Italiano, always in stores, $3.29 (Such good prosciutto!)
- Specially Selected Award Winning Cheese Assortment – available in stores 11/27, $3.99 (Butterkase, Gouda, and Double Smoked Cheddar. These cheeses were our favorites! So creamy!)
- Specially Selected Aged Reserve White Cheddar, always in stores, $2.49 (was the first to get finished. Such a sharp, classic cheese. Also Winner of the Chefs in America Masters of Taste Gold Medal Endorsement in 2017.)
- Specially Selected Pimento Stuffed Olives – available in stores 12/5, $3.29
- Specially Selected Red Pepper Jelly – available in stores 12/5, $1.99
Extras for your Cheese Board
No impressive charcuterie board is complete without the little extras. Don’t be afraid to get creative! You don’t have to spend a fortune to create this beautiful appetizer. Here are some extra cheese board ideas:
Fruit and Veggies
- dried fruit
- apple slices
- sliced veggies
- roasted red peppers
- artichoke hearts
- cheese straws
- toasted slices of bread
- sliced baguette
- specialty jams
or anything your little heart desires!
Choosing Your Platter
Because I’m short on space at my apartment, I didn’t want to get huge platters to make some large display. It isn’t necessary at all and I got the job done with one special Crofton Slate Serving Board from ALDI (the black hexagon one that I also picked up from ALDI for under $7) and a few strips of parchment paper on my table.
For your platter, choose something simple yet big enough to fit all of your Cheese Board needs. Platters come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, so choose wisely. You can also do what I did and place down parchment paper straight onto your table.
How to Make a Cheese Board
Now that you have all your ingredients for your cheese board it’s time to assemble it!
- Place your meats and cheeses down first in their packaging to see where you’d like to place everything.
- Once you’re happy with it, unwrap and place items.
- Fill in the extra spaces with crackers, fruits, and nuts.
Love Cheese Boards? Try these other recipes:
If you love Cheese Boards, you’ll love these other recipes that have just as much variety!
- After School Snack Board
- Cheese Fondue Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Dip for Valentine’s Day
- S’mores Bar Party!
Below, I’ve included the printable “recipe” (though it should be more of a grocery list than anything) so you can head to ALDI this holiday season and make your very own $25 cheese board!
Have a great day, friends 🙂
$25 Cheese Board
To buy from ALDI:
- 1 Appleton Farms Assorted Premium Salami available in stores 12/19 $3.89, Brooke's favorite was the Chianti
- 1 Priano Prosciutto Italiano always in stores, $3.29, Such good prosciutto!
- 1 Specially Selected Award Winning Cheese Assortment available in stores 11/27, $3.99, these cheeses were our favorites! So creamy!
- 1 Specially Selected Pimento Stuffed Olives available in stores 12/5, $3.29
- 1 Specially Selected Red Pepper Jelly available in stores 12/5, $1.99
- 1 Specially Selected Aged Reserve White Cheddar always in stores, $2.49 -was the first to get finished. Such a sharp, classic cheese.
Extras to grab at ALDI:
- fruit: grapes, strawberries, clementines, figs, apples, pears
- dried fruit, nuts, chutneys, specialty jams, etc..
- crackers, toasted bread, breadsticks, cheese straws, baguette
- Unwrap all meats and cheeses and place onto serving board/platter. Add in extras to fill in any gaps between the ingredients.
Special Thanks to ALDI USA for sponsoring this post.