This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Need something similar to a chocolate fondue without the hassle? Try this amazing (and easy!) Dipping Chocolate Recipe. It’s a decadent recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day or whenever you’re looking for a special treat. So easy to make ahead and warm up when you’re craving something sweet. Delicious served with fruit, brownies or rice krispie treats!
Dipping Chocolate | Easier Than Fondue!
If you’re looking for a fun, sweet, EASY treat for Valentine’s Day or a special occasion, look no further! This Dipping Chocolate is just as good as a chocolate fondue without all the fuss. Made in about 10 minutes with good quality chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, a little corn syrup and milk, this can easily be made ahead and stored in the fridge. Heat it up when you’re ready to serve!
While I’m a strong believer that anything dipped in chocolate tastes good, I’m partial to strawberries, bananas, brownies and rice krispie treats! So, go forth and enjoy this dipping chocolate! Me and my chocoholic husband loved this recipe and I know you will love it, too.
Main Ingredients Needed
You only need 6 ingredients to make Dipping Chocolate and maybe 20 minutes to throw it all together. Win-win! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – any chocolate will do here, (white or dark) but I like to use semi-sweet for a classic flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – this helps sweeten even more and helps keep the chocolate from solidifying as it cools.
- Corn Syrup – adds shine to the finished dip. Real maple syrup can also be substituted.
- Salt – used to bring out the chocolate flavor and balance the sweet.
- Milk – this loosens the dip up even more and let’s you control the consistency.
- Vanilla – for flavor!
Favorite Things to Dip
And to go along with this Dipping Chocolate are things to dip! Here are some great options to get you started:
- strawberries (or other berries)
- rice krispie treats
- potato chips
How to Make Dipping Chocolate
The recommended method for making this recipe is on the stove, however, I also include microwave directions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Either will work just fine!
Step 1: Melt Chocolate
Break the chocolate into pieces and place into the bottom of a small saucepan. Place over low heat and consistently stir to melt. You want your burner at the lowest possible setting. Alternately, you can do this over a double boiler if you’re worried about scorching the chocolate.
Add in sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, and salt. Stir until completely smooth and shiny.
Step 2: Determine Consistency
Slowly stream in milk to thin out the dipping chocolate to the desired consistency. As the dipping chocolate cools, it will get thicker, so depending on if you’d like to serve this warm or cold will determine how much milk you’ll want to add. I only added 1/4 cup, but you can add more or less.
Step 3: Remove from Heat and Serve
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into a bowl and serve with strawberries, cookies, bananas, brownies, rice krispie treats, etc..
Making Ahead and Consistency
Lucky for you, this Dipping Chocolate recipe can last for a couple of days in the fridge, making it a perfect make-ahead dessert.
Simply make as directed then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you are serving this cold, you are going to want to add more milk when making the recipe. This ensures that it will still be a dip-able chocolate once it is chilled. (It will thicken as it cools.)
If you are serving this warm, you’ll want to microwave until warm and add a little milk to get it to the consistency you want. When you are ready to serve, heat in the microwave until warm, stirring every 30 seconds to ensure it heats evenly. Pour into a bowl and serve.
More Sweet Treats to Try!
I hope you try out this simple dessert option this Valentine’s Day!
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
Easy Dipping Chocolate
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk or more, as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Break chocolate into pieces and place into the bottom of a small saucepan. Place over low heat and consistently stir to melt. You want your burner at the lowest possible setting and you don't want to walk away during this melting process. Once the chocolate is almost completely melted turn off the burner and keep mixing until completely smooth. Alternately, you can do this over a double boiler if you're worried about scorching the chocolate.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and salt. Stir until completely smooth and shiny.
- Slowly stream in milk to thin out the dipping chocolate to the desired consistency. As the dipping chocolate cools, it will get thicker, so depending on if you'd like to serve this warm or cold will determine how much milk you'll want to add. You may want to heat chocolate mixture up again on low if using cold milk.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into bowl and serve with strawberries, cookies, bananas, brownies, rice krispie treats, etc..
Do you think I could use this on a chocolate fountain
This looks GREAT! Has anyone tried it on ice cream?????
This sounds great! Thanks for sharing…I will try it soon! Once we can entertain again, this would be a fun dessert station idea.
Yummy! Sounds divine! I’m going to be making this for my hubbie and I! Love your recipes!
Chocolate Dip looks delicious.
I am a subscriber! Love your recipes (my family always asks for the homemade salsa and crockpot meals!) and stories about your family (can’t believe Eddie is already 2!) and I can’t wait to make this chocolate dip and fruit for my Valentine of 25 years!
I love your recipes!
Can’t wait to try this dip.
I like chocolate!
Oh Please, oh Please, oh Please, OH PHA-LEEZE :o)
Definitely will be doing this for Valentine’s Day and maybe other special occasions too thank you !!!
The dip looks awesome Lauren 😀
Love this recipe, and love your website!
Read it everyday:)
I read you faithfully in my Google reader:-)
Can’t wait to try this dip!
Looks sooo good!
I’ll probably eat hubby’s chocolates too! 🙂
This looks delish!
This dip looks yummy! Perfect treat for V-Day!
Sounds yummy! going to have to make this dip 🙂
I get email updates.
Love the sound of this dip!!!
Yum! Yes, please (~_*)
I can’t wait to make this for my husband and boys! What a fun treat!
I am a subscriber! Chocolate covered strawberries are to die for. I really would love to try the Brookside chocolates, they sound so yummy. My hub and I both cook, so for Valentines Day we are going for a nice dinner at the Lakeview. It will be a treat for both of us not to have to cook. I would love if he went to Jared Jewelers, instead, but I know that won’t happen! After all, diamond’s are forever!
Love your recipes !!! And I always try my best to try them out so my kids love your recipes too!!!
Yum! I just might make this more than once this month!
Yum…what a beautiful chocolate dip to celebrate the V-day.