Apple Pecan Salad with Bacon is made with crunchy, salty and sweet ingredients all tossed together with a homemade balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
Hear ye, hear ye, this is my new favorite salad, Apple Pecan Salad with Bacon.
Apples + Bacon + Pecans + leftover BBQ chicken + Garlicky Balsamic goodness = one heck of a party in your mouth.
I happened to have some leftover bacon I had precooked in my fridge along with some grilled chicken from a few days ago. That really made this salad come together in a cinch! If you don’t have chicken readily available, it’s really no big deal to just omit. Just make sure you don’t forget the bacon. That is important.
Apple Pecan Salad with Bacon
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce washed and torn
- 1 fuji apple washed and diced
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 small small grilled chicken breast leftovers
for the dressing-
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk all ingredients for dressing together. Toss dressing with salad and serve.