This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Strawberry Salad is made with bacon and topped off with a poppy seed dressing! Perfect for spring or summer, make this soon! Or try this fun variation Strawberry Avocado Salad with Poppyseed Dressing!
Strawberry Salad | With Bacon!
Adding another old recipe upfront for you to see, this time it’s a Strawberry Salad! This is a super popular one that you’ve probably seen around Pinterest a time or two. So tangy and so so good! Anyways, make this salad. It is beyond incredible and can make you forget all your cares in the world. Bacon- salty. Strawberries-sweet. Almonds-crunchy. Dressing-creamy. Everything eaten together-priceless. Super simple and super delicious!
Main Ingredients Needed
There are two parts to this Strawberry Salad, the salad and the poppy seed dressing. Here are all of the ingredients you’ll need for both:
- Strawberries – make sure you grab nice fresh ones and slice those babies up.
- Bacon – cooked and crumbled. I always keep a bag of Kirkland bacon bits around so sometimes I just toss a handful of those into a pan. A super easy and quick way to add bacon to any salad.
- Candied Almonds – Buy these from the store OR make your own homemade which is what I did for this recipe. (They’re easier to make than you think!)
- Lettuce- this is a strawberry salad so you’re going to need lettuce! Feel free to add in spinach, as desired.
For the Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mayonaisse – please use real mayo here, not miracle whip. Ew.
- White Vinegar – a nice acidic flavor in comparison to the sweetness of the strawberries. If your strawberries aren’t as ripe (therefore not as sweet) use less of this.
- Sugar – to balance out the other flavors.
- Salt and Pepper – season to taste!
- Poppy Seeds – this wouldn’t be a poppy seed dressing without poppy seeds!
How to Make a Strawberry Salad
Guys when I said this Strawberry Salad was easy, I meant it. For full details, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Prep Salad Ingredients
Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces, wash, dry and pour into a large bowl. You can buy a clamshell of ready made lettuce for ease OR use a salad spinner. Top with sliced strawberries, candied almonds and cooked bacon.
Make Dressing + Serve
To make the dressing, pour all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle salad generously with poppyseed dressing and serve immediately.
Making Ahead + Storing Leftovers
Sadly, I wouldn’t recommend keeping any leftover strawberry salad. I mean you totally can, but the longer it sits, the more limp and soggy the lettuce gets, so it wouldn’t be quite the same.
To make this ahead, I would add lettuce and strawberries to my serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Keep almonds and bacon in baggies along with the salad in the fridge. Make the dressing and keep in a small airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, top the salad with almonds and bacon, then drizzle with dressing and serve.
More Fruit Filled Salads to Try!
Enjoy, friends!! Have a fabulous food filled day! Love your faces!! 🙂
The printable recipe card is down below!
AMAZING Strawberry Salad
- 4 oz butter lettuce or any preferred lettuce
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries about 8 strawberries, depending on size
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup candied almonds
- Place lettuce into a large bowl. Wash, hull and slice strawberries and add them to the bowl with the lettuce.
- Top with bacon bits and candied almonds.
- Whisk all ingredients for dressing together in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.