This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Strawberry Spinach Salad is made with bacon and topped off with a greek yogurt poppyseed dressing! Make this strawberry salad today!
Adding another old recipe upfront for you to see, this time it’s a Strawberry Spinach Salad! This is a super popular one that you’ve probably seen around Pinterest a time or two. So tangy and so so good! Anyways, make this salad. It is beyond incredible and can make you forget all your cares in the world. Bacon- salty. Strawberries-sweet. Almonds-crunchy. Dressing-creamy. Everything eaten together-priceless. Super simple and super delicious!
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
Here is what you’ll need to make the salad part of this recipe:
- Strawberries – make sure you grab nice fresh ones and slice those babies up.
- Bacon – cooked and crumbled. I always keep a bag of Kirkland bacon bits around so sometimes I just toss a handful of those into a pan. A super easy and quick way to add bacon to any salad.
- Almonds – chopped and toasted! You can always switch these out for another nut you like. Or if you are allergic, just leave them out altogether.
- Lettuce/Spinach – this is a strawberry SPINACH salad but you can always add in lettuce if you wanted.
Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- Greek Yogurt – we are looking for that creamy, tangy flavor here. So if you hate Greek Yogurt, try subbing it with sour cream. Just know the taste WILL be different.
- Mayonaisse – please use real mayo here, not miracle whip. Ew.
- White Vinegar – a nice acidic flavor in comparison to the sweetness of the strawberries. If your strawberries aren’t as ripe (therefore not as sweet) use less of this.
- Sugar – to balance out the other flavors.
- Salt and Pepper – season to taste!
- Poppy Seeds – this wouldn’t be a poppy seed dressing without poppy seeds!
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
Guys when I said this Strawberry Spinach Salad was easy, I meant it. Here’s how to make it:
Tear lettuce/spinach into bite-sized pieces, wash, dry and pour into a large bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, chopped almonds, and cooked bacon.
To make the dressing, pour all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle salad generously and serve immediately.
Sadly, I wouldn’t recommend this strawberry spinach salad to be kept for leftovers. The dressing just gets everything soggy and a little gross. So make enough that you can eat in one sitting or better yet, share with others!
More Salad Recipes to Try!
- Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with Bacon Poppyseed Dressing
- Iceberg Wedge Salad Recipe
- Kale, Pomegranate and Bacon Salad with Warm Maple-Bacon Dressing
- Apple-Cheddar Chicken Salad
Enjoy, friends!! Have a fabulous food filled weekend! Love your faces!! 🙂
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Bacon
For the salad-
- 6-8 cups baby spinach or 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces, wash, dry and pour into a large bowl. Top with strawberries, almonds and cooked bacon.
- To make the dressing, pour all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle salad generously and serve immediately.