This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheeseburger Sliders are cheesy, juicy and with a little bacon, everything you could want in a slider. These make for a lightning-quick dinner that everyone (and I mean everyone!) will love! Serve with Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries and Ambrosia Salad.
Best Rolls for Sliders
The best rolls for sliders that I have found is Sweet Hawaiian Rolls. You can find these in 12 or 24 ct packages at most groceries stores. For this recipe (unless you’re doubling the recipe) you’ll need a 12 ct package. These particular rolls make making sliders super easy. Keeping the rolls together, I like to run my knife through the entire tray of rolls, and peel back the top like opening a book. You can also use dinner rolls.
Best Ground Beef for Sliders
I like to stick with a leaner ground beef (90/10) or (97/3) fat content. You can use what you have on hand of course. Ultimately, you’ll be draining the fat and liquid before adding to the rolls anyway.
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
Start to finish, you’ll be sitting down to eat these in under 30 minutes! For full recipe details, see the printable recipe card down below. Here is what you can expect while making the Cheeseburger Sliders.
Preheat Oven, Prep Baking Sheet + Slice Rolls
Preheat the oven to broil (low). Line a baking sheet with foil. Place Hawaiian sweet rolls onto foil and slice entire slab of rolls across lengthwise. Open like a book and set aside.
Brown Ground Beef
In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Once it’s mostly browned, stir in green onion, garlic powder, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until completely browned. Drain most of the grease. Spoon ground beef overtop the bottom half of the rolls and spread evenly. Top with cheese and place under the broiler on low until the cheese is just melted. Remove from oven. Turn broiler off.
Cook the Bacon
Cook bacon until crispy and cut into smaller pieces to fit on each slider. Add bacon pieces on top of melted cheese and add the tops of the rolls.
Return to warm oven and keep warm until ready to serve. (You just want to warm the tops of the rolls a touch, about 3 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve with any desired toppings.
Helpful Cheeseburger Slider Tips
- To make this recipe go REAL quick, use precooked bacon that you just have to crisp up in the microwave. It’s just SO easy and it tastes good too! Of course, you can cook your own on the stove, oven or airfryer. If you do choose to cook your own bacon instead of using precooked, look for the thick cut pepper bacon. That stuff is what dreams are made of.
- You can definitely form the ground beef into patties and cook them individually for each slider to make a prettier presentation. Just cover the ground beef mixture in a ton of cheese so it all stays put on the roll. 😉
Storing Leftover Sliders
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Beyond this time, the bread either dries out or becomes soggy.
Other recipes you might like:
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Cheddar Sliders
Sweet Potato Pulled Pork Sliders
Add these to your menu this week! You’ll be glad you did. The printable recipe card is below. Have a great day, friends! 🙂
- 12 ct Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef 97/3
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz cheddar cheese slices or grated
- 6 thin slices bacon
any desired toppings:
- mustard etc.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place Hawaiian sweet rolls onto foil and slice entire slab of rolls across lengthwise. Open like a book and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef completely. Once it’s mostly browned, stir in green onion, garlic powder, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until completely browned. Pour overtop the bottom half of the rolls and spread evenly. Top with cheese and place under the broiler on low until the cheese is just melted. Remove from oven. Turn broiler off.
- Cook bacon to crisp up and cut into smaller pieces to fit on each slider. Add bacon pieces on top of melted cheese and add the tops of the rolls. Return to warm oven and keep warm until ready to serve. (You just want to warm the tops of the rolls a touch, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with any desired toppings.
I have made these multiple times and they never disappoint with the ease of assembly and the wonderful combination of flavors. These also freeze well and heat up well. I usually keep some in the freezer for those unexpected moments when I realize dinner prep will be compromised by other commitments. . Wish I had this recipe when my kids were living at home. I make meals my elderly father can simply remove from the freezer and eat….this is one of them. Perfect! Delicious and very flexible recipe with the choice of cheese or other extras.
These were easy to make and a big hit with my kids.
These were great! Super quick and easy and totally delicious! I have tons of precooked diced bacon on hand (I work at a bacon plant) so I just added that in to the beef when browning. Will definitely add this to the rotation!
Hi Lauren! Love your recipes! I was thinking of doing half without cheese for my family member that can’t eat cheese, would the ground beef stay on the roll? I’ve seen some where they flatten the beef in a 9X13 dish and bake it, but I think they may come out dry. I like sautéing the ground beef instead. What beef do you use and would you think this would be good with bison? Thanks!!
[…] Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders […]
OMG, making these this weekend. They sounds amazing and easy.
Made these for dinner tonight! Super good and easy! Even my picky eaters ate them! Thanks!
[…] Thursday: Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders […]
[…] Bacon cheeseburgers sliders — I thought this was easy and yummy! […]