This week is the last Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter recipe! We’re wrapping up the Weeknight Wins Blogger Challenge. We hope you’ve had fun, and tried some easy recipe ideas from our Pinterest Board. If you haven’t pinned yet, now is your last chance to pin away!
This weeks’ theme is Express Yourself! So, I went a little out of the box and came up with these awesome Tuna Lemon Pepper Sliders. They are SO simple to make and taste awesome! They can be made in 20 or 30 minutes and all start with canned tuna! Suck on that, pocketbook!
I cook these on the stovetop in some Lemon Pepper Sauté® Express Sauté Starter and serve them on Hawaiian sweet rolls with lettuce, tomato and a little homemade tartar sauce. My husband LOVED these and surprisingly so did my 4-year-old. Like we didn’t have to bribe her to finish. She just gobbled them up. That’s how you know this is an awesome recipe. 🙂
Also, make sure you use dill pickles in the homemade tartar sauce and not the sweet kind. Sweet pickles should be illegal. That is all.
Here are the details:
Start by making your patties. All that goes into these are two cans of drained tuna, an egg, scallions, salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and bread crumbs (or ground oats). Stir this up and form into six sliders that are about ¾-inch thick.
Now we can put two of these lemon pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter squares into a skillet and melt them over medium heat.
And, for fun…here’s one last giveaway from Land O’Lakes!
Tell me how you would express yourself using Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. Each week, in addition to your chance to win Land O’Lakes will pick a few favorites to be featured on Land O’Lakes Weeknight Meals Pinterest Board. *When you enter, Land O’Lakes may select your comment to feature for promotion, social media and/or other related marketing materials.
Here’s how to enter–> Simply leave a comment below answering one of the following questions:
How do you express yourself in the kitchen?
What would you make with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter?
Enter The Weeknight Wins by Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Sweepstakes
Open to legal U.S. residents 18 years and older. No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per person (that includes email address & IP address) per day. First & last name and valid email address are required. Entries obtained by mechanical or spamming mechanisms will be disqualified. One winner will be chosen at random from all of the qualified entries submitted. Sweepstakes ends on Friday, April 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be contacted via email supplied in the entry & will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Approximate retail value of prize: $200. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. Lauren’s Latest and the sponsor reserve the right to cancel the sweepstakes at any time. Contact Lauren’s Latest for winner list or with any questions. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final. All federal, state, and local laws apply; void where prohibited.
Tuna Lemon Pepper Sliders
A fun and different slider to try for dinner! All you need is a little Lemon Pepper Saute Express® Saute Starter!
- for the sliders-
- 2-5 oz. cans chunk light tuna drained well
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs or ground oats
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cubes Lemon Pepper Saute Express® Saute Starterfor the tartar sauce-
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- dash cayenne pepper or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 6 Roma tomato slices
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, stir tuna, scallions, egg, seasonings and bread crumbs together. Mixture should be thick and hold together when formed into patties. If they do not, add in more bread crumbs until they hold together. Form into 6 even patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- In a large skillet, melt cubes of Lemon Pepper Saute Express Saute Starter over medium heat. Swirl pan to coat evenly. Place patties into hot pan and cook 4 minutes per side or until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- For the tartar sauce, stir all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To assemble sliders, place lettuce and slice of tomato onto bottom half of each roll. Top with tuna burger and tartar sauce. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of
Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own.