This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This week is the last Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter recipe! We’re wrapping up the Weeknight Wins Blogger Challenge. We hope you’ve had fun, and tried some easy recipe ideas from our Pinterest Board. If you haven’t pinned yet, now is your last chance to pin away!This weeks’ theme is Express Yourself! So, I went a little out of the box and came up with these awesome Tuna Lemon Pepper Sliders. They are SO simple to make and taste awesome! They can be made in 20 or 30 minutes and all start with canned tuna! Suck on that, pocketbook! I cook these on the stovetop in some Lemon Pepper Sauté® Express Sauté Starter and serve them on Hawaiian sweet rolls with lettuce, tomato and a little homemade tartar sauce. My husband LOVED these and surprisingly so did my 4-year-old. Like we didn’t have to bribe her to finish. She just gobbled them up. That’s how you know this is an awesome recipe. 🙂 Also, make sure you use dill pickles in the homemade tartar sauce and not the sweet kind. Sweet pickles should be illegal. That is all. Here are the details: Start by making your patties. All that goes into these are two cans of drained tuna, an egg, scallions, salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and bread crumbs (or ground oats). Stir this up and form into six sliders that are about ¾-inch thick. Now we can put two of these lemon pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter squares into a skillet and melt them over medium heat. Put your tuna sliders into the pan and cook about 4 minutes a side or until browned. Like so! Once these are all cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. You can use store bought tartar sauce, or make your own. This is just mayonnaise, dill pickles, lemon juice, dill, cayenne, salt and pepper. Super simple and a tiny bit spicy. To assemble these sliders, grab 6 small rolls, slice in half, top with lettuce, tomato, one of the tuna sliders and that tartar sauce. That’s it! Easy Peasy.
More Savory Lemon Recipes!
Lemon Pepper Tuna Sliders
for the sliders-
- 10 oz chunk light tuna two 5 oz cans, drained well
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs or ground oats
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cubes Lemon Pepper Saute Express® Saute Starterfor the tartar sauce-
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- dash cayenne pepper or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 6 Roma tomato slices
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, stir tuna, scallions, egg, seasonings and bread crumbs together. Mixture should be thick and hold together when formed into patties. If they do not, add in more bread crumbs until they hold together. Form into 6 even patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- In a large skillet, melt cubes of Lemon Pepper Saute Express Saute Starter over medium heat. Swirl pan to coat evenly. Place patties into hot pan and cook 4 minutes per side or until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- For the tartar sauce, stir all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To assemble sliders, place lettuce and slice of tomato onto bottom half of each roll. Top with tuna burger and tartar sauce. Serve immediately.