This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Banana Nut Muffins are a classic and delicious breakfast! Pulled together in a simple 1-bowl method and baked until golden, you too will fall in love with this recipe! Basically, my Banana Bread Muffins and Banana Nut Bread Recipe had a baby and these yummy Banana Nut Muffins are it!
Banana Nut Muffins | A Great Breakfast or Snack
I’m so happy to be sharing this moist and tasty muffin recipe with you today! I love basic banana muffins and make this recipe all the time. While my kids prefer their banana muffins without nuts, I prefer them with! I love the crunch and the texture they bring and walnuts are just a classic combination with banana.
You should find this recipe to be simple, easy to throw together and delicious, especially with lots of butter on a warm muffin. Yum!
Main Ingredients Needed
Lots of pantry ingredients here! While I do prefer using the vegetable or canola oil, feel free to substitute melted butter.
- Sugar + Oil – Sugar for sweetness, oil for moisture and texture.
- Egg – used for structure.
- Banana – obviously!
- Vanilla – for flavor!
- Sour Cream – helps keep the muffins moist!
- Flour – used for structure
- Baking Soda + Baking Powder – leavenings 🙂
- Salt – a little salt helps make these muffins a little sweeter and more banana-y.
- Walnuts – for that tasty crunch!
Feel free to add chocolate chips to create Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins. Or use your favorite nut instead of what I use! Either way these muffins are going to be delish.
How to Make Banana Nut Muffins
Step 1: Preheat Oven + Prep Pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside. Of course you can just spray your pans with nonstick cooking spray and forgo the paper liners.
Step 2: Make the Batter
In a large bowl, stir oil, sugar, egg and vanilla together until well combined. Stir in mashed banana and sour cream. Pour flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins until filled 2/3 of the way. Top with more walnuts.
Step 3: Bake
Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Storing Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Nut Muffins are best enjoyed the same day as making them! However, that doesn’t mean you can’t keep them for later. Store in an airtight container, room temperature for up to 3 days. Or in the fridge for a week!
Also, I highly recommend warming these up in the microwave and slathering some butter on these babies!
More Muffin Recipes to Try!
Try these Banana Nut Muffins out soon! You and your family are sure to gobble them up in no time.
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
Banana Nut Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside. In a large bowl, stir oil, sugar, egg and vanilla together until well combined.
- Stir in mashed banana and sour cream.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins until filled 2/3 of the way. Top with more walnuts (optional).
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.