This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Curry Chicken Salad recipe is a super tasty lunch that everyone is sure to love! A nice change from the classic Chicken Salad, this coconut curry chicken salad is a great make ahead meal or easy snack to keep in the fridge week to week. Delicious as a sandwich or served with veggies and crackers.
Curry Chicken Salad Recipe | A New Way to Enjoy Chicken Salad
I am so impressed with this Curry Chicken Salad, I can’t even wait to tell you all about it! I loved ALL the tastes and textures in this dish: the creamy coconut milk, the spicy curry, the crunchy veggies and almonds, the sweet toasted coconut. YUM. If you’re using rotisserie or canned chicken, this comes together in a pinch. A really great lunch that everyone will love!
Main Ingredients Needed
You might have to go to the store for this Curry Chicken Salad recipe but let me tell you it is so worth it! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Coconut Milk, Sour Cream, Vinegar, Truvia, Curry Powder, Turmeric, Salt + Pepper – these are all of the ingredients needed to make the sauce! Such wonderful depth and a blend of lots of different flavors.
- Chicken – to make this recipe even faster, use leftovers or rotisserie chicken!
- Celery, Onion, and Cilantro – for refreshing crunch and flavor.
- Shredded Coconut and Almonds – I used unsweetened shredded coconut for some contrast to the curry and sliced toasted almonds for even more crunch!
Feel free to adjust this recipe to your liking! This Curry Chicken Salad is so easy to make and so easy to eat, here are a couple of ideas:
- Nuts: try adding peanuts, cashews, or pecans instead of almonds. All are great options that provide lots of crunch.
- Curry Powder: if you have a favorite curry powder you use, use that! Or try experimenting without different kinds.
- Fruit: consider adding sliced apples, raisins, or other fruit if you’re looking for more refreshing additions.
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
For all of the measurements and other details see the recipe card down below! 🙂
Step 1: Make Dressing
In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, sour cream, vinegar, Truvia, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Step 2: Add Ingredients
Pour cubed chicken, celery, onion, and cilantro into the bowl and stir to coat in sauce.
Step 3: Top and Serve!
Divide into two portions and top with coconut and almonds. Serve with bread or crackers.
More Chicken Salad Recipes to Try!
- Amazing Chicken Salad Recipe (with Grapes)
- Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
- Healthy Chicken Salad
Consider making this Curry Chicken Salad this week, as a snack, for lunch or just because.
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy 🙂
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk shake before measuring
- 2 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons truvia or sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16 oz chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 4 tablespoons yellow onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
- 2 tablespoons almonds toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, sour cream, vinegar, Splenda, curry powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Pour cubed chicken, celery, onion, and cilantro into the bowl and stir to coat in sauce.
- Divide into two portions and top with coconut and almonds. Serve with bread or crackers.
Who are you? What is your name?
The ingredient list doesn’t include mayonnaise. But in the instructions you state to add mayonnaise. Did you mean sour cream?
yes, just a typo! Meant sour cream 🙂
I often purchase curry chicken salad from a local grocery store’s deli department, but no longer! This is delicious and SO easy. Thank you for another yummy recipe!
I meant to give it 5 stars!
This looks absolutely delicious beyond words. I love the complexity of a good curry powder. I used to buy mine when I went home to Canada but there are some good ones here in the US. I am going to give this a try this week.
Thank you for the wonderful recipes! I was wondering what kind of vinegar the coconut chicken salad calls for.
I get tired of the same old lunches too. This looks like a great way to change it up.
This looks so good! I will have to give this a try!