Wow, did these cookies go FAST! This is another recipe that was requested by my family to be made again and again! They are soo tasty and perfect for those holiday parties coming up, or just for friends and family!
I first had a version of this cookie in college when my roommate, Amy, brought home some cherry chip cookies from the on campus bakery. We all soon became addicted because they were just so darn good! Well, she graduated and moved on and still to this day craves these cookies! So, Amy, this recipe is going out to you! I can’t find actual cherry chips (and I’m not sure if they even exist) so this recipe is very very close to the originals, but with a few extras!
The thing I love about these cookies is that they aren’t your typical cookie. Its so easy to stick with the same old recipes, but its refreshing to try something new! Especially when you know they’re going to be great! Anyways, go ahead and try something new today! Make some cookies for the honeys in your life!
Cherry Almond Delights
Cherries, almonds, and coconut makes this a holiday cookie delight! Pre-made sugar cookie dough makes them fast to make.
- 16.5 oz Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough 1 tube or a homemade Sugar Cookie recipe would be great too!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 maraschino cherries halved with stems removed
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Start out with some sugar cookie dough- any dough will do! I got this because it was on sale and its a serious time saver!Into the dough, stir in some almond extract and flour. (If you're using homemade dough, you probably don't need the extra flour!) Once your dough is all mixed, divide it into 16 equal dough balls. (You may have more dough balls to stuff if you are using a homemade dough)
- You are going to stuff these little babies with almonds, white chocolate chips, and maraschino cherries. Oh yeah! So good!
- So, you take a ball of dough, push into it to make a depression, and fill 'er up! Stuff in a few almonds, a few chocolate chips and half a cherry.
- Gently push the edges up to cover the filling. Roll it back into a nice looking ball and then.....roll it around in yummy coconut.
- Place all your stuffed cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are barely brown. Mmmm....those chocolate chips and cherries are so tasty! YUM!
- Cool 2-3 minutes and remove from baking sheet onto cooling racks. Store in airtight containers to maintain soft chewiness. Yield 16 large cookies.
Calories: 189kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 2gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 103mgPotassium: 82mgFiber: 1gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 11IUCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg
Love this recipe? Sign up for more!Get recipes delivered to your inbox