This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cherry Almond Delights
- 16.5 oz Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough 1 tube or a homemade Sugar Cookie recipe would be great too!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 maraschino cherries halved with stems removed
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Start out with some sugar cookie dough- any dough will do! I got this because it was on sale and its a serious time saver!Into the dough, stir in some almond extract and flour. (If you're using homemade dough, you probably don't need the extra flour!) Once your dough is all mixed, divide it into 16 equal dough balls. (You may have more dough balls to stuff if you are using a homemade dough)
- You are going to stuff these little babies with almonds, white chocolate chips, and maraschino cherries. Oh yeah! So good!
- So, you take a ball of dough, push into it to make a depression, and fill 'er up! Stuff in a few almonds, a few chocolate chips and half a cherry.
- Gently push the edges up to cover the filling. Roll it back into a nice looking ball and then.....roll it around in yummy coconut.
- Place all your stuffed cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are barely brown. Mmmm....those chocolate chips and cherries are so tasty! YUM!
- Cool 2-3 minutes and remove from baking sheet onto cooling racks. Store in airtight containers to maintain soft chewiness. Yield 16 large cookies.