If you don’t have the time to make cinnamon rolls, make cinnamon roll cookies! Chewy, soft and very sweet! Perfect for any occasion.
Hello hello hello, dear friends!
Have I got the easiest cookie recipe for you today. I’ve been rolling this cinnamon roll cookie idea around in my mind for years (yes, years!) but didn’t make it come to life until recently. I’ve seen a few random cinnamon roll cookie recipes around the internet for a while, but didn’t really know HOW I wanted to put mine together until the stars aligned and I saw the vision one afternoon while I was opening my fridge.
You know those people who just have an eye for design? Or home decorating? Or any topic that requires ‘envisioning’? Well, my super power is seeing the vision for recipes. Ingredients pop out at me from the pantry, at the grocery store, in the fridge, etc.. and I suddenly am able to form a recipe in my mind just like that. *ka-pow* It’s a bit of a strange concept for people to grasp because it’s a little quirky and weird, but I’m perfectly ok being the weird one in this relationship. It’s me, not you.
A little bit more about the recipe: yes, it uses store bought sugar cookie dough, brown sugar and cinnamon. Yes, I throw on a little more sugar (of the powdered variety in glaze form) over the top because I like sugar and it looks pretty and IT’S JUST WHO I AM. Yes, it makes 24 and I ate 13 of those. Yes, I felt sick afterward, but not sick enough to pound 4 more after dinner. Yes, this is why my thighs are still big.
Because I took the help from the store, these came together very simply. There is a little chilling time in between forming and baking, but besides that, it’s a very no fuss recipe.
So, there you have it! The easiest recipe on the planet made from some miscellaneous cookie dough I don’t remember buying that I found in my fridge one day a few weeks back.
Just another Thursday at le casa of Lauren’s Latest.
Anyways, pin it, share it, print it, make it, eat it, don’t lose weight. Have a great day, friends! xo
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
for the icing:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- Line two light colored baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Open package of cookie dough and press dough into a rectangle on one side of a long sheet of waxed paper. Fold paper over dough and roll out to a 12x8 rectangle. If it's uneven as you're rolling, trim extras and patch where necessary.
- Spread brown sugar over entire surface of sugar cookie dough and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon.
- Roll up dough gently into a tight roll. Wrap in waxed paper you used for rolling and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cookie log from the freezer and slice into 24 skinny cookies OR 16 thicker cookies. Place onto prepared baking pans and bake 8 minutes for the skinny cookies, or 10 minutes for the thicker cookies.
- Remove from oven and cool 5-7 minutes on the hot baking sheets before drizzling with icing.
- To make the icing, stir water, bit by bit into the powdered sugar to until its the consistency of white school glue. Drizzle over cookies and serve!