This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When you are craving a delicious snack or breakfast, these Coconut Muffins are chock full of goodies! These are perfect as a delicious snack or quick breakfast…just like Morning Glory Muffins.
Coconut Muffins | With Toasted Almonds
These Coconut Muffins are soft, tasty and chock full of goodies. If you are a coconut fan, these will quickly become your go-to muffin! I love having healthy, quick snack options when life gets busy.
I based these Coconut Muffins off of ones I tried in New Orleans. They were divine. I loved them because of the textures and flavors, plus all the goodies it was loaded with! So so yummy!
Main Ingredients Needed
I love the subtle taste of toasted almonds in these! Toasted almonds combined with shredded coconut is a match made in heaven! To make these Coconut Muffins, start by gathering these ingredients:
- Coconut Oil + Sugar- sugar for sweetness, oil for flavor, moisture, and texture.
- Egg– helps to bind everything together.
- Vanilla + Almond Extract– for flavoring.
- Milk- for texture and helps bring all the ingredients together.
- Flour- fills these muffins out.
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda- our leavening agents used in this recipe.
- Salt– balances out all of the flavors.
- Cinnamon– optional, but is a great addition to these muffins.
- Toasted Slivered Almonds + Sweetened Shredded Coconut– adds flavor and texture.
How To Make Coconut Muffins | Directions
For full details on how to make Coconut Muffins, see the recipe card down below!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat oven. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
Step 2: Combine Wet Ingredients
In a large bowl, stir coconut oil and sugar together to combine. Add in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Scrape bowl and stir again briefly.
Step 3: Add Dry Ingredients
Add in all dry ingredients to bowl. Start to mix slowly while streaming in milk. Scrape sides and mix again until batter is smooth.
Step 4: Stir in Almonds + Coconut The Bake
Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of toasted almonds.
Stir in remaining almonds and coconut to batter. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Top with reserved almonds. Bake until toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs when inserted. Dust with a little powdered sugar if you’re feeling fancy! Cool before serving.
Storing Coconut Muffins
These Coconut Muffins are best enjoyed the same day as making them, but can be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Love This Coconut Muffin Recipe? Give These Other Recipes a Look…
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins (easy!)
- Bakery-Style Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Protein Muffins
- Blackberry Yogurt Muffins
The inside of these bad boys were mighty tasty and not too sweet either. Perfect for a breakfast muffin if you ask me. Here’s the printable recipe card. Be sure to print and save this recipe. Enjoy, friends! 🙂
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon* optional
- 3/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut oil and sugar together to combine. Add in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Scrape bowl and stir again briefly.
- Add in all dry ingredients to bowl. Start to mix slowly while streaming in milk. Scrape sides and mix again until batter is smooth, 20-30 seconds.
- Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of toasted almonds.
- Stir in remaining almonds and coconut to batter. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Top with reserved almonds. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs when inserted. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.