This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
*Disclosure: I received compensation from Butterball to create this recipe. All opinions expressed in this post are completely my own….as per usual.*
You guys. I’m going to DIE this week. Portland is having temperatures….in the 100’s!! I realize that lots of you live in places that consistently have hot hot summers. However most of you have air conditioning. Aaaaand, I do not.
This is pretty rare for our temps to get this high, but it’s inevitably going to happen.
I’m sweating already.
If you need me, I’ll be sitting in my car with the cold air a-blowin’. Or at Target walking around sipping a diet coke mooching the a/c.
My BBQ and I are gonna be bffs this week. Not having a cool house will do that to a girl.
Lately, I’ve been all about the easy grilling recipes…due to this ridiculous heat wave folks around these parts like to call ‘summer’. Nothing beats a burger in my humble opinion, so that’s what I’ve got for you today. Super simple dinner idea comin’ atcha:
First thing would be the burger patties. I had these Butterball Turkey Burgers on hand, so that’s what I used. Preheat your grill, add the burgers and cover to cook 6 minutes or so.
I know, SO HARD.
Meanwhile, occupy your son with a soccer ball and a paint stir stick to keep him away from the grill.
After 6 minutes or so, flip your burgers to continue cooking for another 4-ish minutes and go inside to get some cheese slices.
Blakey wants the cheese. Typical snack for this boy.
Add the cheese to your burgers, cover to melt, pull them off and add them to a burger bun.
Find the freshest, softest buns you can find, people! It makes such a difference.
Add on whatever toppings you’d like, but!!
>are you ready for this remix?<
Instead of using mayo, slather on……ranch dressing! Say whaaa? I’m not a mayo girl and to be totally honest, I’m not a ranch dressing kinda girl either. But, on these burgers it’s AMAZING. The melty cheese with the toppings and the ranch just all work together in a magical way that may or may not make you want to pass out. That could be the heat talking, but I’m going with the turkey burgers. 🙂
Give it a whirl for dinner tonight! You’re gonna love it! Printable recipe below. Have a great day, friends!
Cheddar Ranch Burgers
- 4 frozen Butterball Turkey Burgers
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 soft sesame hamburger buns
- 4-6 tablespoons prepared Ranch dressing
any other desired burger toppings
- pickles etc.
any other condiments desired:
- bbq sauce etc.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium. On a charcoal grill, aim to have one even layer of hot charcoal.
- Place frozen burgers onto grill. Cover and cook about 6 minutes. Flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove cover, add cheese and continue cooking another 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Place hamburger buns on grill to toast, if desired.
- To assemble burgers, spread a generous layer of ranch dressing onto each bun. Top with turkey burger and any more condiments and toppings. Serve immediately.